Interview Research and Preparation
- Thoroughly research the company website.
- Familiarise yourself with the company’s values and its core products & services and research the industry which the company is in.
- Plan on arriving 5-10 minutes before your scheduled interview time. Do not be any earlier than 10 minutes and definitely do not be late.
- Bring a spare copy of your CV to the interview
- Prepare yourself in advance with some common interview questions (both behavioural & skill specific).
- Make sure you are aware where the interview is located, any specific directions and obtain clear clarification on the interview time.
- Ensure that you are presented in a corporate manner, your hair is neat and tidy and your shoes are polished/clean. A good first impression is always important.
- Make sure that your mobile telephone is switched off.
- Try to be relaxed and be reassured from the research and preparation that you have undertaken.
- Ensure that you use positive and friendly body language when meeting your interviewe.
- Follow the interviewers lead, wait to sit until the interviewer does so or offers a seat to you,
- Try to maintain a level of eye contact throughout the interview.
- Speak clearly at all times and try to project your voice.
- Think before you speak, don’t be afraid of a silent pause.
- Avoid one word answers
- Be positive about your reason/s for leaving your current position.
- Never speak badly of past supervisors or employers under any circumstances
- When asked about your strengths, make sure they are relevant to the position you are interviewing for.