NSW Gov client seeking expert Senior Accountant with experience in system implementation and managing a small team. CBD location! 6-12 month contract!
Large and rapidly growing NSW Government Org. is seeking an experienced Senior Accountant to assist their CFO with financial/management accounting tasks. The successful candidate will need to have experience managing a small team and experience with system implementation with ideally experience in the government sector. This department helps to ensure that the public and private sectors are fulfilling their functions properly.
In this exciting Senior Accountant role, you will be responsible for the following duties directly reporting to the CFO:
- All rounder financial and management accounting duties
- Experience generating annual financial statements
- Extensive reporting in line with Government requirements, including investment reporting, annual reporting and statutory reporting
- Coordinating and implementing business and financial management processes and procedures
- Assisting in the preparation of annual statutory accounts involving statements of financial position, annual cash flows, and tracking of financial performance
- Preparing budgets, analyzing and reporting on financial performance
- Developing and implementing strategies to minimize process inefficiencies
To be successful in this opportunity, you must have experience in the following areas:
- At least 4 years in a similar Senior Accountant role
- Previous experience in a financial/management accountant capacity
- Previous experience managing a small team is mandatory
- Part or Full CPA/CA qualification
- NSW Government experience is advantageous
- Strong attention to detail
How to apply
Be quick to apply for this exciting contracted role! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org any questions. Please be advised only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.