NSW Gov client seeking expert Management Accountant with technical experience and robust Excel skills. Wollongong location! 6-month contract!
Our client is a NSW Government Organization who are responsible for combining efforts to drive economic growth and efficiency by bringing together industry, energy, resources and science. They pride themselves on high quality services and initiatives that enhance living standards and local communities with reaching their full potential. The department is currently seeking an experienced Management Accountant to support their project team in developing excel models and creating budget plans.
In this exciting Management Accountant role, you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Researching and implementing improved processes and practices for the department
- Extensive reporting in line with Government requirements, including investment reporting, annual reporting and statutory reporting
- Coordinating and implementing business and financial management processes and procedures
- Assisting in the preparation of annual statutory accounts involving statements of financial position, annual cash flows, and tracking of financial performance
- Preparing budgets, analyzing and reporting on financial performance
- Developing and implementing strategies to minimize process inefficiencies
- Managing project and program budgets and resources to establish work plans and ensure Optimisation
To be successful in this opportunity, you must have experience in the following areas:
- At least 4 years in a similar Management Accountant role
- Intermediate Excel skills with experience in developing excel models to manage financial reporting is a must
- Part or Full CPA/CA qualification
- Experience in budget development, reporting and project accounting
- NSW Government experience is highly regarded
- Strong attention to detail
How to apply
Be quick to apply for this exciting contracted role! Please email email@example.com any questions or apply directly through Seek. Please be advised only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.