Are you a recent accounting graduate seeking an entry level role to the world of SMSF’s? Join a graduate employer of choice and put your degree to use!
This reputable financial institution has over $20 billion in funds under advice and over $6.6 billion of assets under various strategies. With offices in Canberra they are searching for a hardworking and motivated Accounting graduate from the class of 2019, 2020 or 2021 with a major in accounting to join their team due to continued growth. Key to this role is to assist and support Managers in all aspects of accounting. Being selected as a Graduate Assistant Accountant means you can expect ongoing training and development, a dynamic work environment, approachable management and plenty of support and guidance. It’s no surprise this organization has been recognized as an employer of choice for graduates (as voted by graduates!).
- Work for a company who takes pride in training, developing and supporting every staff member
- Professional and engaging working environment where employee engagement is always high!
- Fitness rebate which can be used for your sport of choice
- Professional financial advice at discounted rates for family members
Reporting through to the SMSF Manager, you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Entering and allocating all SMSF transactions
- Complete monthly bank reconciliations
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements and tax returns for SMSFs
- Collate and provide SMSF information to Financial Advisors
- Liaising with the ATO, banks and investments on behalf of clients
To be successful in this role, you must have experience in the following areas:
- As this role is specifically created for an accounting graduate, it is anticipated that you will have graduated in 2019, 2020 or 2021and have minimal commercial experience as full training will be provided; your attitude, drive and determination is more important
- Degree qualified (or due to graduate in 2021) with solid academic results in an accounting related degree
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to progress to a client facing role in the future
How to apply
If you are looking for an entry level role that will provide you with a good grounding for a stable and successful career in Accounting and Finance, then look no further! To apply, please send our CV and your Academic Transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Jenny on 02 9002 5005 for a confidential chat about the role.