Global firm seek a Business Operations Analyst to analyse and report on all elements up to Gross Margin, review costs and improve operations.
With over 70 years in operation, locations in over 100+ countries and orders up to 39,000 per day in peak season this leading designer, manufacturer and distributor is a market leader. This is a newly created role where you will have the opportunity to analyse, report and investigate all inventory and warehouse related costs working between the warehouse, sales, purchasing, inventory and demand planning. This role suits someone with a passion for business partnering, reviewing massive streams of data, an inquisitive mind and a passion for business improvement.
• Conveniently located close to Wetherill Park with plenty of onsite parking.
• Flexible working hours available.
• Busy, varied role – if you have a curious nature with strong financial analysis skills this could be the perfect role for you
Working alongside senior stakeholders of the business, managing a small team and reporting to the GM of the business your role will encompass:
• Reporting, budgeting and forecasting – key to the success of the role will be providing detailed analysis of COGS trends investigating areas such as F/X, fixed and variable costs in order to facilitate effective forecasting and planning.
• Working closely with the finance, sales and purchasing team you will provide mini P&L’s for each customer to assess profitability and identify growth areas.
• Detailed explanations of all drivers affecting Gross Margin.
• Monitor stock adjustments and ensure international standards are met.
• Manage obsolete stock provisions and ensure accurate write offs are recorded.
• Responsible for the financial accuracy of stock take procedures, audit accordingly and ensure the correct processes and procedures are being followed.
• Take ownership of external freight contracts and drive changes for better outcomes.
• Manage contractual obligations regarding royalties and licencing agreements.
• Update and maintain pricing of inventory and ensure annual pricing changes are accurately updated.
• Develop a centre of excellence across all matters of inventory, stock, and reporting analysis.
• Mentor and develop a Demand Planner and Business Operations Assistant.
• Adhoc project such as continuous system enhancements for more efficient and effective reporting.
To be successful in this role you will have:
• A strong accounting and operations background along with exceptional Excel skills and a flair for improving business operations.
• Highly organised with a numerical focus, exceptional attention to detail and comfortable handling large data sets.
• A commercial mindset with outstanding communication skills.
• The ability to turn large volumes of raw data into trends and statistics for Board level reporting.
• An organsied, proactive approach and comfortable working with strict deadlines.
How to apply
If you have a flair for Business Operations, a commercial mindset with a genuine interest in digging deep into data to improve business operations, a keen eye for detail and looking for a new challenge where you can play a key role in strategic business decision making by providing valuable Business Operations insights then this could be the role you have been searching for! For an initial confidential discussion you’re welcome to call Jenny on 02 9002 5005 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org