Respected Accounting firm seeks an Assistant Accountant to work across multiple entities and manage the end to end accounts function. Training provided.
A well respected Business Services firm based in the heart of the CBD has an immediate vacancy for an Assistant Accountant to join their expanding team. This is a hands on role working for a well-known, dynamic firm that has been a strong player within the Australian market for over 60 years. You will be provided with the opportunity to gain valuable mentoring & training in order to build a successful career within this dynamic firm!
• Receive on the job training from a respected industry expert
• Career succession planning, realistic opportunity to progress to Finance Manager and have full responsibility of the end to end finance function
• Central CBD office location
• Friendly, dynamic and energetic firm with a focus on results and success
Reporting through to the Financial Controller, you will be responsible for the following duties:
• Reconcile multiple bank accounts and credit cards working across 8 entities
• Processing intercompany billings and loans
• Manage client payments in an accurate and timely manner
• General ledger reconciliations across multiple companies
• Lodge BAS & IAS returns
• Maintain the Fixed Asset register
• Assist the Financial Controller with reporting and analysis
• Adhoc projects as required
To be successful in this role, you must have experience in the following:
• Minimum 3 years’ experience working as an Assistant Accountant ideally managing inter-company transactions, GL reconciliations, invoicing and end to end accounts
• Experience with MYOB Accountants Enterprise (preferably experience with the Bank Feed functionality) and or Xero and
• Degree qualified in Accounting or a similar discipline
• Studying towards CA or CPA qualifications is advantageous but not 100% necessary
• Strong written & verbal communication skills
How to apply…..
This is a rare and fantastic opportunity that won’t be around for long, so be quick to apply! Send your application through to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Jenny or Danet on 9002 5000 for a confidential chat about the role.