For Job Seekers
SB Recruitment understand the right opportunity is about so much more than just a job, it's about how it fits in with your lifestyle, the location you want and the salary you deserve. We know you are busy and we know that you don't want anyone wasting your time and that's exactly where we come in. SB Recruitment are a specialist recruitment agency focused on white collar professionals in Accounting, Banking & Finance and Business Support roles. Because we only focus on what we do best, you can be assured that finding the right role for you is our priority! Let us maximise your chances of the perfect fit role by taking you through our tailor-made recruitment and selection process. We are focused on asking the right questions; to minimise the stress involved with finding the right job for you. We know the process can be frustrating and that there's nothing worse than landing the job of your dreams on paper, when the reality is quite the opposite.
We are here with you every step of the way with our highly skilled recruitment consultants, interview coaches and career advice.
How can you get started?
It's easy, simply contact us through our contact page and provide your details and we will assist you through the process from start to finish.
What can you expect?
After you register with us, one of our talented career consultants will take you through our 5 step "getting to know you" sessions, where we will discuss the following:
-Your career background and history
-What sector and field you want to work in
-What made you want a new job
-The type of company and culture you want to work in
-Any special requirements you have
We always aim to make this process as comfortable as possible so that we can get to know the real you and what drives you. From there we will discuss the roles we have available we think you'll love and line up the interviews for you.
Don't worry if you're nervous about the interview process, practice makes perfect and at SB Recruitment we include a complimentary 1-hour interview coaching session so that you can showcase your skills like the pro you are on the day! We also offer a range of free value add services to assist you along the way. Maybe your CV needs a refresh, or you are not sure on the best way to present yourself? Our highly trained and experienced recruitment consultants can get you looking your best in every way. Leaving you time to concentrate on what you do best- you!
Read our top tips and advice for every step of the job finding process on the links below
TIPS AND ADVICE
1. A good first impression is imperative- present yourself in a corporate manner, neat and tidy haircut, polished and clean shoes. An interview is a first date after all!
2. Thoroughly research the company website- you don't need to know everything but knowing the history and background information is important.
3. Familiarise yourself with the company's values, core products and services and research the general industry.
4. Arrive 10 minutes early, definitely DO NOT BE LATE.
5. Bring a spare copy of your CV with you.
6. Prepare yourself in advance with some common interview questions (both behavioral and skill specific) and make sure you have one or two questions to ask the interviewer at the end.
7. Make sure you know where the interview will take place, both the address and physical location in the building. Find out if there are any specific instructions or directions and confirm the time.
DURING THE INTERVIEW
-Switch off your mobile phone
-Try to relax (take 3 deep breaths before you go in, you have got this!)
-Use positive and friendly body language, a firm handshake and regular eye contact
-Follow your interviewers lead, wait until you are offered a seat
-Speak clearly and project your voice
-Think before you speak, there is nothing wrong with a thoughtful pause
-Avoid one word answers, always try to elaborate
-Be positive about your reasons for leaving your current/previous position
-Never speak badly of past employers or colleagues under any circumstance
-When asked about your strengths, make them relevant to the position you are interviewing for