Project Coordinator | Banking & Reconciliations | $70k+S | North West & Hills District
- Post Date:05/11/2018
- Views 150
- Offered Salary $70,000 - $90,000
Are you an Excel whiz seeking a project role in the Western Suburbs working between finance and IT to automate the reconciliations process?
Innovative, dynamic and growing Financial Services firm with diverse brands and products are experiencing exceptional growth. With over 10 years in the industry they are already a major player as a result of their close business partnerships, pioneering solutions and their ability to grow and maintain their customer base. Key to successful growth is the continuous introduction of new and innovative products to the market. The role of Project Coordinator in the Finance team involves working closely with the IT team to create a system to reduce discrepancies and errors as well as increasing business efficiencies.
Key to this role will be understanding the high volume transactional nature of the business, investigate efficiencies and work with IT to review and test new systems.
- Reporting to the Finance Manager your role will have a hands-on reconciliations nature as well as a strong analytical focus
- Daily reconciliations review and investigate any dishonours, discrepancies or anomalies
- Liaise with the bank as required regarding unusual transactions
- Work closely with the IT developers and testers to assist with testing and reviewing data to ensure all information is correctly being captured and reported
- Full understanding of every step of the bank reconciliation process and documentation of the steps taken
- Assist with rewriting the month end reports using the new system and identify any discrepancies
- Ad hoc reporting including P&L, balance sheet reconciliations and outstanding items
- Exceptional culture, friendly team, great working environment
- Enjoy perks such as free lunch, monthly massages and onsite gym
- Strong recognition and rewards program
- Fresh fruit provided daily
- Café onsite with discounted coffee
- Active social club with discounts to concerts, movies and Taronga Zoo!
To be successful for this exciting opportunity you must have experience with the following:
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel, you will be comfortable working with and manipulating large volumes of data
- Sound accounting knowledge
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills as you will be the conduit between the IT and Finance teams
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to handle conflicting deadlines with ease
- Great time management skills along with a strong work ethic
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
How to apply
If you have a solid finance understanding combined with strong analytical skills combined with the desire to use technology to increase system efficiencies then this could be the right role for you. To apply send your application through to email@example.com or call Jenny 02 9002 5005 for a confidential conversation.