Graduate Assistant Accountant – SMSF, Canberra
- Post Date:01/10/2018
- Views 26
- Offered Salary $50,000 - $70,000Career Level OfficerExperience Fresh
- Industry FinanceQualification Bachelor Degree
Are you a recent accounting graduate seeking an entry level role to the world of SMSF’s? Join a graduate employer of choice and put your degree to use!
This reputable financial institution has over $20 billion in funds under advice and over 600 staff in Australia and the USA. With offices in Canberra they are searching for a hardworking and motivated recent finance / accounting / commerce graduate with a major in accounting to join their team due to continued growth. Key to this role is to assist and support Managers in all aspects of accounting. Being selected as a Graduate Assistant Accountant means you can expect ongoing training and development, a dynamic work environment, approachable management and plenty of support and guidance. It’s no surprise this organization has been recognized as an employer of choice for graduates (as voted by graduates).
- Work for a company who takes pride in training, developing and supporting every staff member
- Professional and engaging working environment where employee engagement is always high!
- Fitness rebate which can be used for your sport of choice
- Light filled, open plan working environment in Canberra close to public transport
- Professional financial advice at discounted rates for family members
Reporting through to the SMSF Manager, you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Entering and allocating all SMSF transactions
- Complete monthly bank reconciliations
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements and tax returns for SMSFs
- Collate and provide SMSF information to Financial Advisors
- Liaising with the ATO, banks and investments on behalf of clients
To be successful in this role, you must have experience in the following areas:
- As this role is specifically created for an accounting graduate, it is anticipated that you will have graduated in 2016, 2017 or due to graduate mid-2018 and have minimal commercial experience; your attitude, drive and determination is more important
- Degree qualified with solid academic results in an accounting related degree
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to progress to a client facing role in the future
How to apply…..
If you are looking for an entry level role that will provide you with a good grounding for a stable and successful career in Accounting and Finance, then look no further! To apply, please send our CV and your Academic Transcripts to email@example.com or call the team on 02 9002 5000 for a confidential chat about the role.